Texas Waterfowler Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Waterfowler » Waterfowlers Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maurilio pintail whistles fs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maurilio pintail whistles fs
    Posted: 11 April 2011 at 7:14pm
I am looking to sell a few maurilio pintail whistles.  I recently broke mine and after hours searching finally had to get a buddy in Brazil to get me some from the factory down there (I could not find any in the US).  Several of my friends also wanted some and because of freight charges I had to order 20.  The first 2 I got are pictured on duckhuntingchat.  I expect them to come in about 2 weeks and have already had several preordered.  The cost is $35 plus what it costs to ship here(the cost of freight from Brazil is in the $35 cost).  If you have ever used one you know these are the best as there is no need to flutter your tongue.  I may have posted this in wrong spot and have reposted in the classifieds.  I apologize for any inconvience.

Edited by 700shooter - 11 April 2011 at 8:07pm
CajunDan View Drop Down
Duckaholic
Duckaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 8:05am
And you are? 

spoonbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spoonbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 8:31am
Use to buy them from a guy out of cal. for $20.00 and was shipping to. $35.00 plus shipping trying to make alittle extra $$$$$. Why don't you post the link that you found?
700shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 8:56am
The link is on the internet to a the company in Brazil under Maurilio (the original makers) and is easily found on the internet.  If you can speak portugese you are welcome to call them (I couldn't and had to get my buddy in Brazil).  The only 2 places in california that had them were DBUgear which is sold out and when I talked to them their distributor was out of business and Mel Cotton (also sold out and charging $30 when they have them in stock.  By all means if you want to call to Brazil and pay for international shipping for 1 call knock yourself out.  The only reason I got so many calls was because of the break in shipping.  I love negative posts like this.  The last time I saw one on ebay it went for like $60 and was used and I'm not trying to make a ton of extra $$$$$ as you so kindly put it.  I'm not sure what my total cost is going to be when I factor in the conversion rate and final shipping so forgive me for being cautious on the price.  If you aren't interested and want to "do it yourself" by all means google maurilio in brazil and help yourself.  Its not rocket science to track this down but it was a pain.    
olepal View Drop Down
Duckaholic
Duckaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olepal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:21am
PM sent...

olepal
spoonbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spoonbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:36am
duckblindsunlimited.com  1-800-257-8979 $23.95 got them in stock. i just order 2 of them thank you. by they way it was not a pain at allThumbs Up
700shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:44am
Spoonbill I stand corrected and have edited my post in the classifieds to correct this.  When I talked with DBU 2 months ago they were sold out and thus I went on the hunt in Brazil.  I stand corrected and have edited my post to refelct this.

Eric 
AgDuckHunter View Drop Down
Duckaholic
Duckaholic
Big Outlaw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgDuckHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:54am
I don't think anyone cared that you were overpricing a mediocre pintail whistle (who pays $35 for a pintail whistle, anyway????)  I think what they took issue with is the fact that you came onto this website of pretty tightknit guys and SPAMMED the hell out of us for your first post.  No introduction, not even so much as an attempt at hiding you motivation.   LOL  Nice work, shooter.
capn View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman - Blast & Cast Men's Ministries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:58am
He done apologized for the lack of an intro.  Heck, he even manned up and told people on his own classified's post that they could find it cheaper afterall.  Seems like a pretty honest thing to do in my book.
"It's clear I've set the bar for reading comprehension way too high in your case.

Your mojo battery has gone dead."

- G K Chambers, Dec 2010
AgDuckHunter View Drop Down
Duckaholic
Duckaholic
Big Outlaw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgDuckHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by capn capn wrote:

He done apologized for the lack of an intro.  Heck, he even manned up and told people on his own classified's post that they could find it cheaper afterall.  Seems like a pretty honest thing to do in my book.

Lighten up, shortstack.  I didn't see his apology (never looked at the classified) and I could've certainly been a lot more blunt.   Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by 700shooter 700shooter wrote:

I am looking to sell a few maurilio pintail whistles.  I recently broke mine and after hours searching finally had to iphone 5 cases get a buddy in Brazil to get me some from the factory down there (I could not find any in the US).  Several of my friends also wanted some and because of freight charges I had to order 20.  The first 2 I got ipad 2 Chargers are pictured on duckhuntingchat.  I expect them to come in about 2 weeks and have already had several preordered.  The cost is $35 plus what it costs to ship here(the cost of freight from Brazil is in the $35 cost).  If you have ever used one you know these are the best as there is no need to flutter your tongue.  I may have ipad 2 Charger posted this in wrong spot and have reposted in the classifieds.  I apologize for any inconvience.
I love negative posts like this.  The last time I saw one on ebay it went for like $60 and was used and I'm not trying to make a ton of extra $$$$$ as you so kindly put it.  

Edited by Audra - 12 April 2011 at 4:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic